This is a thoroughly described step-by-step guide for creating a page in Colibo. Some of the features are the same as ex folders. Feel free to skip steps, if it's not relevant to you.
Only users permissioned editors can create a new page. Otherwise, the features in these steps will not be visible for the user. Starting from the main page.
1) Choose a Wiki Tree in the main menu.
2) Click the '+ Add' button in the right side of the content area.
3) Choose 'New page'
4) Fill out the title and description of the new page
Select ‘Settings’ and additional options appear.
1) Choose a template and the chosen template will appear in the content text field ('General' is the default template which is empty – other templates is created in the backend by a system administrator)
2) Select 'Use parent color and icon' for the color and icon to be copied from the page above (meaning if the page you are creating is a sub-page to a page called 'Documents', the color and icon from Documents will be the same for this page), or deselect 'Use parent color and icon' and two additional features will appear.
3) Select the desired color and icon for this specific page
4) Choose one of the three options under 'default children display' – this is the way sub-content will appear when users enter or create content in this specific page.
When content is viewed, there there are three options to how they can be presented. These are represented below.
5) Fill out relevant search words that is related to the specific page to make it easier for the users to find the content. Press enter to add each word. (If your primary words for the specific page is already in the title or description, you can skip the search words).
6) Select or deselect 'Allow comments' to allow others to comment on your content (in general we recommend selecting 'Allow comments' to allow interaction around the content created).
7) Select if this page should be prioritized differently than the default prioritization by filling out the text field with 1, 2, 3… - this order overrules the default order.
8) Select 'Require periodic revision' if you want to get notified when this specific page needs revision. Default for revision is 180 days, but you can choose your own revision period in days if revision is selected. Deselect if this page does not need revision (our experience is, that most content need revision for it to stay relevant on the intranet, if this is the case for you, we recommend selecting 'Require periodic revision' to prevent too much irrelevant and outdated content.
1) Choose ‘Permissions’ and additional options will appear
2) Select 'Inherit permissions from parent document' if you want the users from content above to have the same permissions to this page. An overview of the permissions from content above is visible when this option is selected.
Or deselect 'Inherit permissions from parent document' to select other permissions to this specific page.
How to add new permissions
3) Choose a role – either reader, writer, editor or owner
4) Choose either one or more specific users or choose an entire department with the specific permission.
5) Select or deselect 'Inheritable to child documents'. This is whether the permission should be applicable for sub-content created below this page.
6) Click the 'Add permission' button and the permission is saved.
Repeat steps, to add multiple different permissions.
1) Fill out the content area with text, pictures, videos etc.
2) Click the 'Save draft' button if you are not done working with this page. You can always revisit and select 'Publish'.
3) Click the 'Create' button when finished with the page and it will appear for the permissioned users.
Please sign in to leave a comment.