Only users with permission as editors can create a new folder. Otherwise, the features in these steps will not be visible for the user. Creating a folder is a similar procedure to creating a page, though with exception of the two first steps.
1) Click the '+ Add' button in the right corner of the content area
2) Choose ‘New folder’
3) Fill out the title and description of the new folder.
Select 'Settings' and additional options appear.
1) Select 'Use parent color and icon' for the color and icon to be copied from the page or folder above (meaning if the folder you are creating is a sub-folder to a folder called 'Documents', the color and icon from Documents will be the same for this folder), or deselect 'Use parent color and icon' and two additional features will appear.
3) Choose the desired color and icon for this specific folder.
4) Choose one of the three options under 'default children display' – this is the way sub-content will appear when users enter or create content in this specific page.
When content is viewed as an end user, there are three options to how they can be presented. These are represented below.
5) Fill out relevant search words that is related to the specific folder to make it easier for the users to find the content. Press enter to add each word. (If your primary words for the specific page is already in the title or description, you can skip the search words)
6) Select or deselect 'Allow comments' to allow others to comment on your content (in general we recommend selecting 'Allow comments' to allow interaction around the content created).
7) Select if this folder should be prioritized differently than the default prioritization by filling out the text field with 1, 2, 3… - this order overrules the default order.
1) Choose 'Permissions' and additional options will appear
2) Select 'Inherit permissions from parent document' if you want the users from content above to have the same permissions to this folder. An overview of the permissions from content above is visible when this option is selected.
Or deselect 'Inherit permissions from parent document' to select other permissions to this specific page.
How to add new permissions
3) Choose a role – either reader, writer, editor or owner
4) Choose either one or more specific users or choose an entire department with the specific permission.
5) Select or deselect 'Inheritable to child documents'. This is whether the permission should be applicable for sub-content created below this folder.
6) Click the 'Add permission' button and the permission is saved.
Repeat steps, to add multiple different permissions.