Only users with permission as writers and editors can create a new link. Otherwise the features in these steps will not be visible for the user.
Start with finding the specific URL (webpage), you would like to create a link for. This can be either an external webpage on the internet or an internal webpage on the intranet.
Note that when you link to an internal webpage on the intranet, the content you link to control the permission. The link will work, but the content will not be accessible.
Copy the URL from this webpage whether it is external or internal.
1) Go to the content area where you would like to create the link.
2) Click the '+ Add' button in the right side of the content area.
3) Choose 'New link'
4) Paste the URL into the text field 'URL'.
5) Fill out the title and description for the new link.
1) Click the 'Settings' button and additional options appear.
2) Select 'Open in new tab' if you want the link to open a new tab in your browser, or deselect this option.
We recommend selecting this for external links and deselecting it for internal links. When linking across the intranet users usually don’t want several tabs open in the browser for the intranet.
3) Select 'Use parent color' for the color to be copied from the page/folder above or deselect 'Use parent color' and select a preferred color for the link.
4) Select 'Use standard link icon' for the standard link icon (∞) to appear on the link, or deselect and choose your own icon for this specific link.
5) Choose whether you want the link to be prioritized differently than the default prioritization by filling out the text field with 1, 2, 3… – this order overrule the default order.
6) Click the 'Create' button and the link will appear in the specific content area.