Some workgroups become inactive after some time, and the workgroup admins may not always remember to delete them or there may not be an active admin in them anymore. This can lead to a few undesirable effects:
search results are cluttered by inactive workgroups, their documents and feed items sent to only them
the workgroups lists clutter
Definition of inactivity
The workgroup is considered inactive as long as:
- No feedentries are sent to and from the workgroup
- No comments are posted to feed items to and from the workgroup
- No changes are made to documents in the workgroup
- No tasks created by/sent to the workgroup are changed or created (although comments on these tasks do not reset the inactivity period)
- Changes aren't made on the "Edit workgroup" page (name, description, workgroup settings and such)
The inactivity period before a workgroup is archived is by default 90 days. The value can be changed per environment , but you'll have to contact Colibo and ask us to do this.
Disabling automatic archiving of specific workgroup
Some workgroups are considered valuable and relevant even if they don't fit the "active" definition - they could contain information that is useful to look up once in a while, or there may be relevant discussions in it with very long inactivity in between them. In cases like this it's possible to deactivate the automatic archiving of those workgroups.
The disabling of the automatic archiving of a workgroup is currently done through Umbraco, using the "Deaktiver automatisk arkivering" checkbox for the workgroup (the checkbox may be positioned at the bottom of the workgroup page)