Some workgroups become inactive after some time, and the workgroup admins may not always remember to delete them or there may not be an active admin in them anymore. This can lead to a few undesirable effects:
search results are cluttered by inactive workgroups, their documents and feed items sent to only them
inactive workgroups clutter the users' active and suggested workgroup list
Definition of inactivity
The workgroup is considered inactive as long as:
- No feed entries are sent to and from the workgroup
- No comments are posted to feed items to and from the workgroup
- No changes are made to documents in the workgroup
- No tasks created by/sent to the workgroup are changed or created (although comments on these tasks do not reset the inactivity period)
- Changes aren't made on the "Edit workgroup" page (name, description, workgroup settings and such)
The inactivity period before a workgroup is archived is by default 90 days, but can be changed. Contact Colibo Support to request an archive deadline.
Enabling/Disabling automatic archiving of specific workgroup
Some workgroups are considered valuable and relevant even if they don't fit the "active" definition - they could contain information that is useful to look up once in a while, or there may be relevant discussions in it with very long inactivity in between them. In cases like this it's possible to deactivate the automatic archiving of those workgroups.
The enabling/disabling of the automatic archiving of a workgroup can be done on the frontend, using the "Arkiver automatisk" checkbox for the workgroup (the checkbox can be find in the settings of the workgroup page)